たっぷり野菜のカレー意込み- VEGETABLE CURRY SOUP
This is a totally different recipe than your regular curry with rice dish. When I was young, I didn’t really like curry with rice, so my mom used to make me this soup instead. It wasn’t the curry flavor I didn’t like; I think it was just the thick texture of the curry with rice that I wasn’t used to when I was a kid. This recipe always made me happy because I was the only one who had it at the dinner table.
1 ½ eggplant
Small piece ginger
½ medium onion
½ medium tomato
100g Kabocha (Japanese pumpkin) (optional)
1 small green pepper
1 slice bacon (optional)
1 ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
½ tsp. salt
½ tbsp. curry powder/ curry bar (already made curry bars sold at the supermarket)
1 cup beef or chicken stock
¼ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
½ tsp. soy sauce
½ tsp. oyster sauce
1. Cut the bacon in 2cm pieces. Cut the eggplant in 1 cm pieces. Dice the garlic and ginger. Cut the onion and Japanese pumpkin into small bite size pieces. Blanch the tomato and peel the skin, cut into 2cm pieces. Cut the green peppers into 1cm pieces.
2. Add vegetable oil in a large pot on medium heat. Cook the bacon. Add the eggplant and cook for about 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook. Add the onions, Japanese pumpkin and cook while stirring. Add the salt and curry powder. Turn heat to low and cook while stirring.
3. Add the stock and panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) to the pot and turn the heat to high. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and green peppers to the pot. Then add the soy sauce and oyster sauce . Stir.
5. Add the butter in the end and cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
6. Serve with bread or rice.